Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Winds of Winter next year, maybe?

George R.R. Martin provided an update on his blog concerning his full throttled progress on Winds of Winter, the next book in the A Song of Ice and Fire series. As it turns out, a global pandemic is conducive towards writing door-stoppers, as GRRM seems to be boogieing along:
If nothing else, the enforced isolation has helped me write. I am spending long hours every day on THE WINDS OF WINTER, and making steady progress. I finished a new chapter yesterday, another one three days ago, another one the previous week.
He also makes important note that he still has a ways to go, but is hopeful that maybe, just maybe it'll be finished by next year.

Of course, this won't suit the dipshits who constantly complain and hound the man for not writing as fast as say Brandon Sanderson. Hell, GRRM could release Winds of Winter tomorrow and they would still find reason to complain. "But he's taking forever to write A Dream of Spring!"

1 comment:

  1. I've got the first book. But someone loaned me the first series on DVD before I'd started it so I never did. I've seen the Red Wedding and Arya set off on her quest to become an assassin, but now have children who are too young for it but old enough that I've really got time to watch after they've gone to bed.

    Having said all that, more of similar sounds good.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...