Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Recent book purchases

These barely fit in frame.
I actually intended to get an equal number of science fiction and fantasy, but the trip to the bookstore was impromptu, so it slipped my mind. That, and Books-A-Million didn't have the first book in Joe Abercrombie's First Law series - The Blade Itself. Currently, I'm reading The Lost Fleet: Relentless because that series is like crack to me, but after I finish it (which shouldn't take long, it never does), I plan on reading Gardens of the Moon. I have some familiarity with that book, I checked it out from the local library a few times, but never got deep into it for whatever reason. The Malazan Book of the Fallen looks like a great series, though, so I figured I'd focus on it.


Speaking of fantasy, I did make an interesting find while browsing at the local Goodwill two weeks ago:


I read one of the stories, The People of the Black Circle, back in September, but I could not pass up the chance to buy not just a copy, but a hardcover. It looks nice on the shelf.

All in all, not bad acquisitions. I have more, but I'll post those later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...