Friday, June 28, 2013

Thoughts on The Eye of the World so far (minor spoilers)

Via Wikipedia.
Yes, I'm still reading it. In my defense, an 800+ page book isn't something that can be blown through easily, nor in the case of this one, should it. I'm nearing the 600 page mark and it's blown me away much like A Game of Thrones did. Having said that, the book didn't really pick up for me until Shadar Logoth and when group is scattered. That's not to say that the book before that was bad, but having eight protagonists traveling together gets a bit stale after a while. After Shadar Logoth, however, EotW picks up and becomes a real page turner. Can't wait to finish it.

Having said that, who the heck goes into a tomb with a dude named Mordeth? That's like going anywhere with Hannibal Lector.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I'm pretty new to blogger, just checking out different blogs to follow. Yours looks really interesting, and it seems like we have similar interests - reading, writing, fiction. Looking forward to reading more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...