Sunday, August 27, 2023

In which I make another visit to Midkemia: I read Magician: Apprentice for the third time

 

And I still love it. I think if I were to ever make a list of my favorite fantasy novels, both Magician: Apprentice and Magician: Master would be at the top of the list. I will never tire of visiting Pug, Arutha, Tomas, Kulgan, and the rest. I'm not going to review the book here, because I've already written my thoughts on this book before, which you can read here and here.

Suffice to say, I immediately picked up Magician: Master and I'm aiming to finish it before the end of the month. After that, I'll take a break before starting on Silverthorn and finally round it out with A Darkness at Sethanon. I'm going to make a concerted effort this time to continue the series. I didn't last time around because the time jump between ADS and Princes of the Blood was hard to get used to and I think I should have taken a break between the two.

2 comments:

  1. Allow me to recommend the daughter/servant/mistress of the empire. A palette cleanser before returning to Midkemia, perhaps. Still the same epic, but perhaps the shift in perspective may make the transition to the later books a little less jarring ?

    On Magician being two books, I don't think it was ever published as two volumes here. Visiting Canada at the time, my copy of the second or third book of the Wheel of Time series is markedly different to the others, a different stand out item in my collection but it's only the cover which is different. It's interesting to see publishers choices for the two separate markets.

    http://devos4.blogspot.com/2021/06/catching-up-with-old-friends.html for your delictation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have Daughter of the Empire and I plan to read it. The Tsurani culture is fascinating with how Feist and Wurtz blended several real world cultures together. I think Daughter might be one of the most popular, if not the most popular book in the whole series given how often I've seen it recommended both on Reddit and booktube.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...